Audio

musicray

There are several options.

If you open the file and then DON'T see the wave (or a very small one) in your window, then there is no (or very soft) content in your file.

If you open the file and the wave is okay, then most probably it's a matter of volume. You can try all volume settings: of your computer by clicking the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of your screen, and / or the volume in WavePad (bottom right corner in the window).

If no result, try to check your sound card in your computer: are other mp3 of wav files okay or does the problem occur everytime you try to play a file in WavePad?

Good luck!

Leonardo

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get your sound to work? Mine may be another issue. I have sound in every program exept WavePad. I have great sound waves and can split audio just by looking at the waves, but don't really want to rely on that. I need to hear the sound! I've checked all Leonardo's suggetions as well as the Geeks' at Best Buy. Is there anything else that anyone can suggest? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nchgb

If you use some abnormal combination of soundcards/headphones, then you may need to manually set the output sound device. This can be done through the WavePad Options -> Audio Processing window. By default WavePad will use your default sound out device as specified by Windows.

If you use some abnormal combination of soundcards/headphones, then you may need to manually set the output sound device. This can be done through the WavePad Options -> Audio Processing window. By default WavePad will use your default sound out device as specified by Windows.

You can't imagine how much I thank you for your timely response! I was ready today to switch to another format, but your Options fix did the trick! I have sound and have you to thank!