Voice Activate and Record Window Help

MLO

Downloaded and installed WavePad for use with a mic attached to PC.

When I click "Record" the window opens. I click on Advanced Recording Options, then select all of the options.

My Questions:

1. If I want to start recording at the slightest sound, should the slider next to the Voice Activate checkbox be positioned all the way to the left or all the way to the right?
  2. Do I need to leave the "Record Window" dialog open while recording with Voice Activate enabled? Or does the "Voice Record" window open to change/configure settings...and once I've set them I should close it and only see the main window?

The "Record Window" is especially confusing as there is a "record" button on it AND the main window. It seems as though both should be open, which is rather clumsy.

Guest nchgb

Regarding your first issue, the help file says:

Voice Activated Recording - if selected, this will only record if the audio volume level is above what you specify for the "Threshold" setting.

So basically, if you want to record even the slightest sound then you should slide it to the left (with the lowest dB). Be aware though that at this setting, it will likely be lower than the noise level of your equipment. Simply play with the setting until you are happy.

With your second issue, yes you need to leave the recording window open to record. If you would like dedicated recording software, have a look at RecordPad or VRS.