help with the whole concept

Jstone

hi,

I am 50 and i just went back to school(kind of slow with the technology). I thought this program pretty much converts the audio file into text file automatically. Speech to text direclty. I kind of confuse. Please anybody let me know.

Thank you

hi,

I am 50 and i just went back to school(kind of slow with the technology). I thought this program pretty much converts the audio file into text file automatically. Speech to text direclty. I kind of confuse. Please anybody let me know.

Thank you

Express Scribe plays an audio file so you can type it into text. The program lets you rewind, fast forward, and use a foot pedal to make it easier for you to type what you hear.

To my knowledge there is no program that converts audio to text directly. There is speech recognition software - you talk, it writes - but it's not 100%. You would have to train it to recognize your voice and clean up homonyms, add punctuation, etc. Also, it's expensive.

Here's a quick tip: there are different kinds (formats) of audio files. It might help you to learn the different formats and their abbreviations.

I'm around your age and am also in school. Good luck to you!