WavePad conflicts with ExpressScribe

nichkramer

I've been using both WavePad and ExpressScribe for a while now on several different computers (all with Windows XP). More recently I've started using ExpressScribe on a new laptop with Windows Vista. I've had a problem with ES looping back large files. I read other similar posts, which contained the recommended solution of breaking the files up.

Since I am familiar with WavePad I wanted to use it to split the files. I tried to install it on my new Vista system as well, but when it installed, all of the hotkeys for ES stopped working and did not resume functioning until I had uninstalled WavePad.

Any one else have this problem? Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Please help! :blink:

Was WavePad open when the hotkeys stopped working for Express Scribe? Try closing it (instead of uninstalling) and see if this helps. You could also try reinstalling Express Scribe as well, it's a very strange problem and I think there's more to it than simply installing WavePad.

Was WavePad open when the hotkeys stopped working for Express Scribe? Try closing it (instead of uninstalling) and see if this helps. You could also try reinstalling Express Scribe as well, it's a very strange problem and I think there's more to it than simply installing WavePad.

After the first time WavePad opened the hotkeys stopped working even after it was closed. I did, however, find another program I can use to split audio files, so that solved my problem for now. (www.nch.com.au/splitter)