PRO won't convert ACT to MP3

Not-A-DoDo

I am trialing the SwitchPro and trying to convert ACT files to MP3 but I am only getting very small file which plays nothing - no sound and no info showing, so I tried downloading the codecs from NCH and instead of going into the NCH Switch Folder in Programs, the all went into a new folder Switch Components????, why as under NCH Switch folder there is a component folder.

As I specificaly want it to convert ACT to MP3 - I will have to check other programs if this one doesn't work.

Noticed that it doesn't mention in the documentation that ACT can be converted to MP3 or WAV but a list of other files which are of no use to me as I can't find documentation on what to do if it did work this way.

Anyone can help would appreciate

Blessings

Janina

A list of the supported file types can be found here: www.nch.com.au/switch/faq.html#ABA. Next to the ACT file, you will note that this is a Windows only feature and that the newer version of the format is not supported at this time.

The NCH Components folder is there because most of our software shares the same tools for encoding/decoding. If you move these encoders/decoders from their original location then our software won't be able to find them!

A list of the supported file types can be found here: www.nch.com.au/switch/faq.html#ABA. Next to the ACT file, you will note that this is a Windows only feature and that the newer version of the format is not supported at this time.

The NCH Components folder is there because most of our software shares the same tools for encoding/decoding. If you move these encoders/decoders from their original location then our software won't be able to find them!

Thanks,

I did check the FAQs that is why I am confused, how new are the newer models of ACT that are not supported.

One of my mp3 player/recorder is over 5 years old. The other is newer but both chinese origin - "thank you" gifts from service provider.

I do have the option to record in WAV format but this is unreliable as many of these files have come up with errors and connot be converted to MP3.

The ACT option always can be converted and the newer model came with a soundconverter which is good, but I was hoping to save time by converting direct from ACT to MP3 with Switch - but it doesn't look as if that is possible.

Thanks for your help I will just have to do it the long way and when Switch does have ACT/REC options.

PS: Switch went through the motions of converting the ACT files but they ended up very small in size and not sound.

Blessings

Janina