Truncation of converted file

switcharne

When I convert a midi file (0) to wav the converted file gets truncated after 45 seconds. Why?

Arne

This happend when I save a FinaleAllegro file as midi (0). Then the last few seconds of the converted wav file disappeared

If I added some extra measures in the Finale original file and saved it as a midifile, then again

the last few seconds of the converted wav file disappeared. Now I could delete the extra measures to get the original wav file complete.

The Switch Converter Program has to be fixed so this truncation cannot occur.

Arne

• 6 months later...
This happend when I save a FinaleAllegro file as midi (0). Then the last few seconds of the converted wav file disappeared

If I added some extra measures in the Finale original file and saved it as a midifile, then again

the last few seconds of the converted wav file disappeared. Now I could delete the extra measures to get the original wav file complete.

Arne

Yes I am seeing the same and I suspect the file was create with FINALE. Unfortunately i do not have the finale original.

I do not think the file is midi 0.

the file plays perfectly well in Microsoft media player, anvil studio, van Basco karaoke player - i have not tried audacity.

Suggest that switch convert finale format and finale midi files properly if the product is to be labeled as able to convert midi to mp3, wav etc....

• 3 weeks later...

Arne

I also get the truncation when converting a mid file to mp3. The mid file is converted with NoteWorthy but it plays perfectly with Windows Media Reader. If I insert a tempo change in NoteWorthy the file gets truncated in the conversion but not at tempo change point. Very mysterious. I use the free version of Switch but in the circumstances I'm note tempted to buy.

I also get the truncation when converting a mid file to mp3. The mid file is converted with NoteWorthy but it plays perfectly with Windows Media Reader. If I insert a tempo change in NoteWorthy the file gets truncated in the conversion but not at tempo change point. Very mysterious. I use the free version of Switch but in the circumstances I'm note tempted to buy.

=====================================================

Has it occurred to you that such a truncation is probably a part of the price that you are paying for this "free" version? :-)

Looking at this another way: Insofar as computer software is concerned, and contrary to that old familiar saying:

"The best things in life are not free"!

no thats incorrect, the free version doesnt cut your files in half, it just doesnt support all the files that the Plus version does.

Now to the problem at hand, its the file type Midi Type 0. There is a bug which causes it to fail on some type 0 files. Next version of Switch should sort it. If anyone wants to send me the offending files please message me