Headphone problems with express scribe

Minous

Express scribe does not play back my files through my headphones. There's nothing wrong with the sound, because it plays fine when my headphone is not plugged in. It also is not my headphone, because they work fine with other programs, just not with express scribe. Have been using these before with the program (special transcription headphones) and never had this problem before. Anybody know how I can solve this? :blink:

What kind of headphones are they? Do they plug into your sound card, or through a USB device? If the later, you need to select this as the output device from within the Express Scribe settings window.

They plug into my sound card. First I thought it might be the headphones (they're specially for transcription .. the type that you put in your ear like stethoscopes), but they work fine with Windows Mediaplayer. Also had the same problem when I tried different headphones -they work with other programs, just not with Express Scribe-.

That's very strange indeed... Express Scribe doesn't do anything fancy. Do you unplug your speakers and then plug in your head phones? I can't see how this problem could come about... :(

I'll get you to try one thing, plug in the headphones and then play with the playback device (Settings -> Playback), try going through some of the devices there and see if any work.

• 2 weeks later...
That's very strange indeed... Express Scribe doesn't do anything fancy. Do you unplug your speakers and then plug in your head phones? I can't see how this problem could come about... :(

I'll get you to try one thing, plug in the headphones and then play with the playback device (Settings -> Playback), try going through some of the devices there and see if any work.

I can get the headphones to work with an mp3 file in express scribe but not the msv dictation files although the msv files will work through the speakers. I have played with the options for output sound and had no success. Any Ideas? listening over speakers isn't a convienient way to do the dictation, any help would be great. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I need some help with plugging headphones into speakers. Hardware is not my forte!

Express Scribe can be heard through the speakers when the wires are in the front and rear audio input sockets on the base.

However, my headphones will not work in either of the front or rear audio input socket.

Am I trying to plug them into the wrong socket? Should I have two plugs attached to my headphones?

I've also tried to use the headphones for the front of my tower, but still not sound through headphones

I have tried Settings Playback using the 3 options and still nothing.