Express Scribe and Word

MFCSecretary

I have been using Express Scribe for almost a year now. I was using it with Windows XP and Word 2003. No problems with any of the programs. I then got a computer with Vista on it. I was able to use Vista, Express Scribe and Word 2003. In other words, I could press F4 to stop or F9 to start the transcription. Then I discovered that my computer hard drive was divided into two partitions and moved my document files to the 2nd partition (drive). Now when I use Express Scribe with Word 2003 I have to click on Express Scribe then F4 to stop or F9 to start the transcription. then I have to click back in my document to type. I believe this has to do with the template.doc which was on my C: drive. With Vista and this second partition, I cant locate the template document or how to use it. Can you give me any help. I sure would appreciate it. Thanks. :(

I just solved my own problem. First I uninstalled and reinstalled Express Scribe. then I opened a new blank file. I inserted the document I was working on into the blank file. Now I can use the F4 and F9 like they are supposed to work and just keep right on typing into Word without going back and forth between programs. THis is really a swell program to work with. Thanks for giving it to us for free. :P