Launch Express Scribe from Web Browser

samalolo

Has anyone tried to get a web page to auto-load express scribe with the URL to an mp3 file?

I can provide a hyperlink on a web page with a reference to a .mp3 URL but I have to associate express scribe as my default media player.

Preferably would be a javascript that auto-loads express scribe and gives it the mp3 file to work on.

Thanks

Maybe I need to rephrase ... is there a way I can use express scribe as a browser plugin for mp3 files?

I just want to add a EMBED SRC= tag in an html page and have the browser use express scribe to play the audio instead of quicktime/mediaplayer etc

Thanks

is there a way I can use express scribe as a browser plugin for mp3 files?

Do you want to do this for people accessing the page from several PC's, or just for yourself?

If it's just for you, try telling your Operating System that Scribe is the default program associated with MP3 files.

(eg. For Vista, look under Control Panel / Default Programs / Set Associations.)

It's a system-wide change though, so it won't help if you also want to listen to MP3 music with Media Player / iTunes / etc.

Thanks for the suggestion, that's actually what I do right now. The problem is it won't load in the background and I have to click on the link to get it to load. I'd like for it to be automatic .. <EMBED SRC=file.mp3 and then it auto-loads express scribe.

Do you want to do this for people accessing the page from several PC's, or just for yourself?

If it's just for you, try telling your Operating System that Scribe is the default program associated with MP3 files.

(eg. For Vista, look under Control Panel / Default Programs / Set Associations.)

It's a system-wide change though, so it won't help if you also want to listen to MP3 music with Media Player / iTunes / etc.