Corrputed mps files

chatteris

Wavepad suddenly (as of yesterday) takes ages to load mp3 files and is corrupting them with distortion and/or an echo effect. If the file is saved the corruption is permanent. I have Nero on another computer and these files are fine when opened. I have uninstalled aand reinstaled without any improvement. Any help out there. I do wish to go back to Nero.

Do you have one of the original files you opened previously that didn't take long to load? Try it again and see if the loading time for this file has indeed changed. It may be that you are trying to load different files other than mp3s, or that a Windows update or something affected the mp3 decoding process.

Do you have one of the original files you opened previously that didn't take long to load? Try it again and see if the loading time for this file has indeed changed. It may be that you are trying to load different files other than mp3s, or that a Windows update or something affected the mp3 decoding process.

I had exactly the same experience as Asterix, a couple of fdays later with MP3 files adn also .wav files. I tried posting my problem (without success it seems).

Wavepad suddenly (as of Feb 6) takes ages to load mp3 files and is corrupting them with distortion and/or an echo effect. If the file is saved the corruption is permanent. These files are fine when opened by other programs. Your reponse doesn't help. Wavpad won't open them properly any more, even though they were fine before. Also it won't play properly those that were already converted to .wav format.

Wavepad suddenly (as of yesterday) takes ages to load mp3 files and is corrupting them with distortion and/or an echo effect. If the file is saved the corruption is permanent. I have Nero on another computer and these files are fine when opened. I have uninstalled aand reinstaled without any improvement. Any help out there. I do wish to go back to Nero.

I've had the same prob with Mixpad on mu laptop running Vista. When I edit a clip (through wavpad by default) especially when I use the "remove noise" option, it comes out more scratchy than when I started out . It didn't do that when I first bought it, and it doesn't do it on my other pc's running XP