Wavepad questions

richardbettina

If anyone can help me with the following questions, I would be thrilled

1) When I edit a clip in Wavepad, I end up with a scratchy sound at the beginning of the edit. Does anyone know why this is happening? Any suggestions would be helpful.

2) In Wavepad, two lines come up to do the editing. The large space is, of course, the one in which one does the editing, but there is also a thinner line above that. What is that for? Any ideas?

Thanks so much for anyone's help.

1) Does the scratchiness appear initially when you load the file or only after you do some editing? Also can you hear the scratchiness within WavePad or does it only occur once you save the file again?

2) It's to provide an overview of what you're working on. For example when you're zoomed in and highlight a section, it will show you where that section is in relation to the entire clip.

1) Does the scratchiness appear initially when you load the file or only after you do some editing? Also can you hear the scratchiness within WavePad or does it only occur once you save the file again?

2) It's to provide an overview of what you're working on. For example when you're zoomed in and highlight a section, it will show you where that section is in relation to the entire clip.

Once I have done the editing, I load it into mixpad, and the scratch appears once loaded back in. sometimes I can hear it in wavepad also, but not always. when I worked in mixpad the other day, it would even come and go. Very bizarre. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me. Very much appreciated.

Hmmm, if it comes and goes it definitely doesn't sound like it would be coming from the audio file itself. Try checking all your cable/speaker connections and make sure everything is working right.

I have the same prob Richard, I get more scratchy distortion after I use the remove hiss tool than I had before.

But mine didn't do it when I first started using mixpad, so I tend to think it's a setting prob, maybe vol levels or the db setting in the wav pad editor.

I've been going nuts, but now I know I'm not alone.