Switch plus batch conversion not working

ismail_mca

The following code,I am using for batch conversion(D:\\audiotest\\switchin is Input folder)

for (int i = 0; i < format.length; i++)

{

String command = "C:\\Program Files\\NCH Swift Sound\\Switch\\switch.exe"

+ " -addfolder D:\\audiotest\\switchin -format "

+ format

+ " -outfolder c:\\audiotest\\switchout -overwrite PROMPT -convert -hide -exit";

Runtime r = Runtime.getRuntime();

try

{

r.exec(command);

}

catch (IOException e)

{

System.out.println(e + e.getMessage());

}

}

public static String[] format = { ".aac", ".aiff", ".amr", ".au", ".flac",

".gsm", ".m3u", ".m4a", ".mp3", ".ogg", ".pls", ".raw", ".rss",

".vox", ".wav", ".wma", ".wpl" };

The above code logic is not working for batch conversion.

Please help me.

Thanks

isma

The following code,I am using for batch conversion(D:\\audiotest\\switchin is Input folder)

{

+ format

+ " -outfolder c:\\audiotest\\switchout -overwrite PROMPT -convert -hide -exit";

try

{

r.exec(command);

}

catch (IOException e)

{

}

}

Please help me.

Thanks

isma

===============================================================

Are you using the "free" version of Switch, which goes by the (in my opinion, deceptive) name of "Switch"?

If so, has it been more than 15 days since you downloaded it?

If the answer to these two questions is "yes," then I would suggest that you read the information provided by NCH on their "free" download of Switch! It states specifically that batch conversion is _not_ available in the free version of Switch, except for the initial trial period, which expires 15 days after downloading. Eventually, NCH may get around to advising you of this fact, right here in this forum. I just thought that I would save them the trouble, in order to highlight my belief that ( in the system of "free" software which they use to get people to try their software before buying, and to which I do _not_ object, per se) the free software which they name as "Switch" for trial purposes should, in reality, be named "Switch Minus," to denote that, after the trial period expires, this software will be working without certain key features SUCH AS BATCH CONVERSION no longer available.

With this highly desirable naming of the "free" product, the REAL (i.e., purchased) program could then be named simply "Switch". With this change in naming, which I call "Truth in Naming," one who downloads the "free" version will know _exactly_ what he is getting!!!

What could be any more sensible than this?

Musikone

(let's see how long this post stays up here)

Musikone

{

+ format

try

{

r.exec(command);

}

catch (IOException e)

{

}

}

Please help me.

Thanks

isma

===============================================================

Are you using the "free" version of Switch, which goes by the (in my opinion, deceptive) name of "Switch"?

If so, has it been more than 15 days since you downloaded it?

If the answer to these two questions is "yes," then I would suggest that you read the information provided by NCH on their "free" download of Switch! It states specifically that batch conversion is _not_ available in the free version of Switch, except for the initial trial period, which expires 15 days after downloading. Eventually, NCH may get around to advising you of this fact, right here in this forum. I just thought that I would save them the trouble, in order to highlight my belief that ( in the system of "free" software which they use to get people to try their software before buying, and to which I do _not_ object, per se) the free software which they name as "Switch" for trial purposes should, in reality, be named "Switch Minus," to denote that, after the trial period expires, this software will be working without certain key features SUCH AS BATCH CONVERSION no longer available.

With this highly desirable naming of the "free" product, the REAL (i.e., purchased) program could then be named simply "Switch". With this change in naming, which I call "Truth in Naming," one who downloads the "free" version will know _exactly_ what he is getting!!!

What could be any more sensible than this?

Musikone

(let's see how long this post stays up here)

Musikone

============================================================

CORRECTION TO MY OWN POST!

Obviously, I should have been using the name "WavePad," not "Switch"! I just rattled this off without thinking about the fact that I was responding to a post about WavePad. The same ideas that I elaborated upon in my response also apply to WavePad, of course.

That is, I believe that the "free" version of WavePad should be called "WavePad Minus," while the purchased version should be called simply "WavePad", _not_ "WavePad Master's Version".

Application of abstract reasoning processes leads to across-the-board product conclusions, which the Marketeering Department of NCH obviously abhors.

Sorry about the confusion caused by my quick response to the user's inability to use batch conversion for what, according to my educated guess, is his failure to understand the workings of The System :-)

Musikone

• 2 weeks later...

Just try a normal command line, see if you can get that working, and then work out where the bugs are in your code from that. Try printing out what arguments you're calling Switch with, that might help also.