Installation problem

ellet

I just downloaded Switch, and during installation I did not request additional software from the list to be also installed. After installation was completed, I went to Start-Programs and found that a whole boatload of additional program links are also there. I assume they came from NCH. When I click on one, a message appears that tells me it is an Install on demand link. How do I get rid of all of the stuff that is clogging up my prgram window and have only switch to use. The control panel lists only switch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe the point here isn't so much how to get rid of the un-asked for "whole boatload of additional program links" - which you answered - but that your software put them on the Start-Programs Menu in the first place. They weren't authorised, nor desired. It's called "ADWARE" in many places in the world. And it's such actions that would make many potential customers think twice about purchasing your software. I know it did for me.

I'll pass your comments on to the developers, although you might like to consider this: Would you rather a few simple links which can be easily deleted, or a large flashing banner thing embedded into the program which the term "adware" is typically associated with? We sell software, but also have a wide range of free versions available for use. We support these versions and continue to develop them, but unfortunately our developers don't work for free :(.