Chipmunks taking over my Express Scribe!

blazeitis

I have been using Express Scribe now for 6-8 months with no problem. Then, a couple of days ago when I began work, the doctors voices started to sound very high pitched. The controls are set the same and nothing has changed that I know of. I can slow down or increase the speed and understand what is being said, but the voices all sound like cute little Disney characters. Anyone have any ideas about what may have happened? TIA

• 2 weeks later...

This is EXACTLY my situation. My dvf files only are now "Mickey Moused." No changes to settings and it happened just a few days ago for who knows what reason. I have been using Express Scribe for years. Happened just all of the sudden.

There must be a glitch and we need some help here. I have removed and reloaded the newest version - several times to no avail.

Please respond ASAP. Very frustrated.

I solved the problem by doing a systems restore. I had a corrupted file from somewhere, no idea where, but after doing the systems restore, the voice problem was gone. Hope this will help you like it did me.

I think I am understanding that you mean to use the system restore point listed under control panel? Unfortunately, I have made additions in software and other things lately, so I'm afraid to restore and change any of those necessary utilities.

More than likely these changes recently made or a Windows update installed has caused this problem.

It is only with .dvf files, not .dss or .wav - they still play perfectly. Grrrrrr... Computers are a necessary evil. :0)

Thanks so much for responding. I hope someone has an idea of how to patch this up. I have tried everything else I can think of.