WAVEPAD

jlang16

I WANT TO CUT OUT CERTAIN SONGS THAT I HAVE RECORDED. I WOULD LIKE TO EASILY MARK THE BEGINNING AND END OF A SEGMENT, THEN DELETE THAT SEGMENT, ENDING UP WITH A RECORDING OF JUST WHAT I WANT.

THANKS.

============================================================

Believe it or not, this is very simple if you cast the proper spell.

First, break out your Magic Wand and Wave it over your computer screen as you say "AB Abbie AB."

(1) Now scroll to the beginning of the section that you want to delete and click at this point.

(2) Then go to the Edit Menu and click on the entry "Mark First Position" near the bottom of the menu. Ignore the highlighting that appears during this part of the procedure.

(3) Now scroll to the end of the section (don't worry how you get there; the computer retains in its memory the location of your first marker) that you want to delete and click at this point. Ignore the disappearance of the highlighting that appeared during step (2).

(4) Go back to the Edit Menu and click on the entry "Mark Second Position."

(5) Now click on the "Recall Mark Selection" at the bottom of the Edit menu. The entire section (and only this section) that you want to delete will be highlighted. Hopefully you know what to do at this point; press the "Delete" key and this section will vanish--like magic.

Abbie the Magician!!

[by the way, Abbie, you don't need to SHOUT. lower case type will serve very well :-)]

Musikone

(someone finally asked something that even I can answer)