Batch conversion WMA to MP3

Just joined the forum. MY problem started when I discovered the family were planning a 5000 K road trip over Christmas. I thought that I better record some music for the MP3 player (didn't want to keep changing disc etc. - but much of the music is in WMA format).

I have about 25GB of music (most WMA but some MP3). Music is filed in a structure under Artist, Album, track etc. and I don't wish to loose this detail.

I really think that I would like to convert it all to MP3. This may mean a drop in quality on many songs from 160 kbps to 128kbps but that doesn't seem much of a cost and it would make the transfer to CD an enjoyable task rather than a pain.

I have been using Switch (free version) to convert. I have been sending the output to the same folder as the source file. Thought that this would be the way to replace the WMA files.

What I end up with is a copy of the original files (but with much info not transferred (eg. track number, composer details etc). To re-input this detail is very time consuming and then I have to delete the WMA files so I don't double the storage space.

There must be a better way to undertake a conversion but I have no idea how to go about such a task - hencce this message. I am more than happy to purchase Plus (or any other program that will make the job manageable).

In short - HELP!!