CD player won't play it

directorz

I have a cassette recording of a family event from 1970 that I want to put on CD to preserve. I have it transferred to my hard drive. I burned it to disc and it plays fine on my PC but cannot get it to play on my CD player at home. Is there a certain format I should be using? It's currently .wav.

Thank you kindly

DZ

I have a cassette recording of a family event from 1970 that I want to put on CD to preserve. I have it transferred to my hard drive. I burned it to disc and it plays fine on my PC but cannot get it to play on my CD player at home. Is there a certain format I should be using? It's currently .wav.

Thank you kindly

DZ

==========================================

What kind of disc (CD or DVD) did you burn it to?

The .wav format is the most universal audio format, since it is the format in which a computer sound file appears when an analog signal from a cassette tape is converted to a digital form. That is, the .wav format is a pure, unprocessed format and it should certainly play in any CD player, unless the player is designed _only_ to play a certain type of format, such as mp3, for example.

What kind of CD player are you using at home?

Musikone

Thank you kindly

DZ

Try burning the file on an Audio CD using Express Burn, this will automatically make the file playable by a standard cd player:

http://www.nch.com.au/burn/index.html

Different compression codecs can be used for wav files, so even if your cd player can read an uncompressed standard PCM wav file you may not be able to read one encoded as GSM or MP3

Thank you for the responses, I have it solved. Once the .wav file was created on my hard drive, I right clicked it and, using Media Player, copied it to CD. This automatically formatted the file to CDA, readable by my CD Player.

Thank you

DZ

====================================================

It appears that the problem here lay with the software that you originally used to burn that .wav file to a CD, which would not play on your player. Could the .wav format have been converted by this software to some other format before it got onto that CD?

Would you care to say what software you used for this burning task? I ask this simply out of curiosity, since I have not seen this type of problem using either Roxio or Nero (this is what I regularly use).

Musikone