Not Free after all

Rick Nixon

I downloaded Wavepad before leaving the country and, what with the vagaries of travel and all, did not try to use it until after the 14 day trial period for advanced functions expired. But now the program is telling me that in order to use it at all, even for the primary functions, I have to purchase it. This is not in keeping with the spiel on the download page.

What must one do to try and use this program? How can I know if I wish to purchase the Master edition if I do not get the chance to try the basic one?

Thanks for any and all help.

I downloaded Wavepad before leaving the country and, what with the vagaries of travel and all, did not try to use it until after the 14 day trial period for advanced functions expired. But now the program is telling me that in order to use it at all, even for the primary functions, I have to purchase it. This is not in keeping with the spiel on the download page.

What must one do to try and use this program? How can I know if I wish to purchase the Master edition if I do not get the chance to try the basic one?

================================

I'm sure that you will get a wise, intelligent, and very knowledgeable answer to your _oft-asked_ question very soon from the folks at NCH, who apparently have big plans to improve the quality of "service" in these forums--in particular, Switch and WavePad, but who knows what else?

:rolleyes:

Musikone

[one who's been there (_online_ to Oz) and back.

But I'm not sure whether I learned anything! Still trying......]

Did you download the free version from this link?

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/wpsetup.exe

This is a direct link to the free version which should not automatically stop working.

I've just loaded up Wavepad and got the message:

The trial version is due to expire in the next few days. There is a current special offer available on pricing so if you buy now it will be cheaper than if you wait until the trial of this software expires.

Do you want to view pricing or purchase online now?

WavePad v 3.05

wpsetup.exe 422KB 04/12/2007

While I'm happy to pay for good software, I'm a bit alarmed to get a message saying it will expire in the next few days when I downloaded it only a couple of weeks ago and I can't see any reference on the website to it being time-limited.

I've just loaded up Wavepad and got the message:

WavePad v 3.05

wpsetup.exe 422KB 04/12/2007

While I'm happy to pay for good software, I'm a bit alarmed to get a message saying it will expire in the next few days when I downloaded it only a couple of weeks ago and I can't see any reference on the website to it being time-limited.

Have a look at our FAQ page:

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/faq.html#ABA

The trial version lasts 14 days, the free version has features enabled for 14 days.