wav file info onto cd during burn

celmore149

I am using a Yamaha Digital Workstation to create music. When I burn the Wav file to cd, the song info does not transfer to the cd. If I use Real Player to create the cd, the song title follows the song but nothing else. Is there any software supported by NCH that willl accomplish this??

Are you burning the files on an audio cd or a data cd?

I am using Real Player to burn an audio cd. If i use real player to read the cd it reads all the data but when i use Itunes, Window Media Player or any other player, it only show Track 01, Track 02 etc.

• 3 weeks later...

The trouble is that CDs and .wav files don't have any space allocated to put information. It's just the music. When you put a CD into your computer and WavePad says it is connecting with freedb and then shows you the artist, album, track names ... ALL that info comes from freedb based on some magic number that was read from the CD. None of that info is on the CD.

If RealPlayer remembers the track names after you burn a CD, it's because it filed the info away when you burned it and the next time you put the burned disk in, it had some way to recognize it and looked it up in it's own internal system. (Some systems try to recognize a disk by the number of tracks and the exact length of each track.) There's nothing on a CD but a registration number and the music, and I'm not sure, but I don't think the registration number exists on a burned CD because it's a number assigned by the music industry for an officially produced CD. Maybe RealPlayer invents one and dubs it in for you when you burn a CD.

I know I have transferred a lot of Vinyls to CD. Sometimes freedb or CDDB will recognize these disks and give me the artist, album and track names. I can only guess that they figured it out from the track count and track length signature. Oh, and of course it assumes that somebody else also transferred the same vinyl to CD and submitted the disk and track info to the database.

Bob Hickling in Princeville, HI