Sudden Problem: Loud glitches only during silent areas in FLAC>WAV conversions!

For the last two weeks, loud glitches have suddenly begun appearing in my FLAC>WAV conversions for no apparent reason. I am using a workstation PC with Windows 10 and I have not changed any software or working methods.

It happens in random places generally, but always consistently in the same file, and it is always during a silent or almost silent area. It can be at the beginning or end or both, but also *in between* songs in uncut files. On rare occasions, it will extend into the audio itself and ruin it.

It looks visually like a big staple - a loud pop that extends beyond peak level, then a brief pause and another loud pop. And it is clearly audible and ugly, like someone pulling a microphone cable out of an input. Sometimes it is only in one channel and sometimes both. And it never happens at the very beginning or end. There is always lead-in or lead-out before/after it happens.

I would like to know what this problem is and how to solve it because it needs to stop. I have changed over to a different converter for now. I am using a PC workstation with Windows 10.