WMA file containing DRM

lakande1

• 4 weeks later...

Let me answer your question with another question.

Where did you get that WMA file containing DRM that you are trying to convert?

Hi ,I have the same problem too, I just purchased 20 songs from Puretracks.com , I did not know they are WMA files until I finished downloading.

Now I need to convert to mp3 files so my Garmin GPS can play, but I got the extended info here: File is protected by DRM(Digital Right Management)

I am stuck ,pls help.

Let me answer your question with another question.

Where did you get that WMA file containing DRM that you are trying to convert?

Hi ,I have the same problem too, I just purchased 20 songs from Puretracks.com , I did not know they are WMA files until I finished downloading.

Now I need to convert to mp3 files so my Garmin GPS can play, but I got the extended info here: File is protected by DRM(Digital Right Management)

I am stuck ,pls help.

====================================================

Puretracks.com?

Pure Baloney! This is the _nice_ word for DRM! Unless, of course, you are the one who is selling it. DRM is simply a cat and mouse game between the buyer and the seller, unsullied by simple little things like copyright law (assuming that you bought these pure tracks in the USA).

Live and learn, and stay away from WMA--unless you like sausage.

Musikone

Puretracks.com?

Pure Baloney! This is the _nice_ word for DRM! Unless, of course, you are the one who is selling it. DRM is simply a cat and mouse game between the buyer and the seller, unsullied by simple little things like copyright law (assuming that you bought these pure tracks in the USA).

Musikone

This is my second time purchase from there, the first time I bought 10 MP3 songs, so I did not have the problem. I wonder if I can contact them requesting the mp3 format.

Puretracks.com?

Musikone

This is my second time purchase from there, the first time I bought 10 MP3 songs, so I did not have the problem. I wonder if I can contact them requesting the mp3 format.

Bruce T

The question still hasn't been answered. Is is possible to convert a WMA with DRM to an MP3 file

Bruce T

The question still hasn't been answered. Is is possible to convert a WMA with DRM to an MP3 file

===========================================

You will find the answer to this question by doing a Google search for "drm to mp3". The answers (many results) that you find do _NOT_ come from those who are chomping at the bit to sell you files containing DRM.

However, unless there is something that I do not understand about the weird and wonderful ways of the internet, software for performing such a conversion will not be free--as you want it to be. Contrary to that old cliche, it is not true that "the best things in life are free" :-).

Happy hunting, and test out your Gamesmanship!

---------------------------------------------------------

Although I can play such games with the best of them, I personally do not have this particular problem, since the files that _I_ get from the internet (or elsewhere) do not contain DRM.

I do not use Windows Media Player version 11, or will I _ever_ use it.

Musikone

How do i convert WMA file containing DRM.

I purchase most of my .wma files from Wal-Mart. These come with DRM. I just downloaded Switch and noticed that it refused to convert the WMA with DRM. I was hoping that Switch would ignore the DRM, but I guess this is not the case. I have been using another program, SoundTap, to generate MP3 files from WMAs. It works just fine, but requires the conversion to be done in real time; that is, you have to listen to the song while it is being converted to an MP3. I still save the WMA downloads and license file, just in case the RIAA wants to know where I got those MP3s I'm playing on my iPod knockoff. It's my understanding that once you purchase a song you can do whatever you like with it, so long as you don't sell it or even give it to someone else. Sometimes I cut 45s or an LP 'mix' album (old fashioned records with grooves!) from MP3s, and sometimes record onto cassettes or reel-to-reel as well. It appears that Switch is not the answer to my needs. Too bad, an 'instant' conversion in software would have saved a lot of time.