WavePad Sound Editor

mgable1@juno.com

I have WavePad Sound Editor and I like it. Can anyone tell how to pause when I am editing a song. All other programs have a pause button.

Bill1517

=============================================

Simply click on the "stop" (square) button. If you want to continue _from this very same location in the sound waveform_, click on the "start" button. The fact that you have to use two different buttons to get the same result that it is normally provided by what is called a "pause" button is an insignificant inconvenience.

In a music _player_, clicking on the "pause" button will stop the music until you click on it once again, at which time the music will start playing _from the same point_. This is exactly what you get in WavePad, except that you have to click on two different buttons to do the same thing.

In contrast, in music player, clicking on the "stop" button will of course stop the music. However, when you subsequently click on "start," the music will start up _from the beginning_. If you want to accomplish this same performance with WavePad, click on "stop" to stop the music, then click on the |< button to reset the cursor to the beginning of the file, then click on the "play" button to start playing the music from this point.

So you see, there is nothing _important_ that is left out in WavePad by not having a "pause" button, as you would like :-)

Anyone