Manual Click/Pop Repair doesn't work

pelig

Hi!

I'm using version 3.05 of Wiavepad and I get the error "WavePad cannot do a manual reduction of an area this size. Please select a smaller area" when I select Tools->Manual Click/Pop Repair. I mark the area simply by dragging the left-clicked-mouse in the music editor. It doesn't matter how small the area is. I've zoomed and marked fractions of a second and I still get this error.

Is there another way of selecting an area perhaps? Or is it a bug? (Other postings said that this was a bug in 2.10 but that's a very old one. Shouldn't it be fixed by now? Please? :-)

/Peter

Hi!

I'm using version 3.05 of Wiavepad and I get the error "WavePad cannot do a manual reduction of an area this size. Please select a smaller area" when I select Tools->Manual Click/Pop Repair. I mark the area simply by dragging the left-clicked-mouse in the music editor. It doesn't matter how small the area is. I've zoomed and marked fractions of a second and I still get this error.

Is there another way of selecting an area perhaps? Or is it a bug? (Other postings said that this was a bug in 2.10 but that's a very old one. Shouldn't it be fixed by now? Please? :-)

/Peter

=======================================

Take a closer look, Peter.

This isn't a bug.

Its a dead horse.

OK, if I *really* zoom into the waves (less than 1 ms), I can actually do a Manual Click/Pop Repair. It doesn't do anything though :( , but at least Wavepad stops complaining about the area being too large... However, I tested some other cool effects! Try "Normalize" or "Fade out" etc and the click/pop can be reduced. I'm sure there are other features I haven't found yet. /P

• 1 month later...
OK, if I *really* zoom into the waves (less than 1 ms), I can actually do a Manual Click/Pop Repair. It doesn't do anything though :( , but at least Wavepad stops complaining about the area being too large... However, I tested some other cool effects! Try "Normalize" or "Fade out" etc and the click/pop can be reduced. I'm sure there are other features I haven't found yet. /P

Peter, I'm having the same problem with WavePad - I tried all the same things and can't get either the manual or the automatic click/pop repair to work; I get the same result you got (on an MP3 file). Did you ever get an answer?

Phil

Peter, I'm having the same problem with WavePad - I tried all the same things and can't get either the manual or the automatic click/pop repair to work; I get the same result you got (on an MP3 file). Did you ever get an answer?

Phil

==========================================================

The "dead horse" to which I referred in a previous post of mine is not WavePad itself, but rather the "click-pop" removal feature, which was apparently included within WavePad to match the competition. This effort failed to come to pass, nor is there much hope that it can _ever_ succeed, without revamping the basic editing framework within which this very good software currently operates. In my opinion, NCH would be well advised to recognize reality and drop this particular feature from its well-filled bag of tricks, without any loss. At the very least, this would eliminate the continuous series of questions which are raised in this forum about the operation of this particular feature :-)

Does this answer your question?

Musikone