Which version of Switch do I need?

sweeneysmsm

I have not yet downloaded Switch. Can you explain to me what the difference is between the first two options which are listed at

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html

- the Sound Format Converter for Windows (Primary Server - .zip file)

- the Sound Format Converter for Windows (Secondary Server - .exe file)

I do understand that the Plus Sound Format Converter for Windows (.exe file) is the version one pays for.

I just want to download it to my desktop computer and do not have a "server".

Thanks.

Mary

I have not yet downloaded Switch. Can you explain to me what the difference is between the first two options which are listed at

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html

- the Sound Format Converter for Windows (Primary Server - .zip file)

- the Sound Format Converter for Windows (Secondary Server - .exe file)

I do understand that the Plus Sound Format Converter for Windows (.exe file) is the version one pays for.

I just want to download it to my desktop computer and do not have a "server".

Thanks.

Mary

===============================================

Why are you down on this part of the page?

Near the upper part of the page their are three large red, elongated buttons. One is to purchase Switch. Another is for a trial of Switch Plus; if you click on this button, you will get a version which, at the end of the two-week trial period, you will have to purchase if you wish to continue using the program. With this version, you will not have the option to continue using the program with certain features disabled.

And finally, clicking on the third button lets you download a version which, during the two-week trial period, has all of the features (of the purchased version) enabled. At the end of this period, you may continue to use what is left--forever, without any payment. This is the free version called simply "Switch."

As I have said before, NCH does not want to make it easy for you to figure out which is which by calling the purchased version simply "Switch" and the free version simply "Switch Minus," since this is exactly what it is: the purchased version minus certain features.

So Mary, just move up and over on the page to those three big red buttons and click on the one that is right for you, based upon my above description. If you go wrong, it will not cost you anything unless you put up your money. So what are you worrying about? That's all that there is to it. Unless, of course, you wish to get all tangled up with servers and things like that :-)

• 2 weeks later...

For clarification, a 'server' is where the file is hosted. Whenever you view a webpage, it is provided to you by a server. When you view a different webpage, you go to a different server. We offer two servers that you can download our files from in case one goes down. Just follow what musikone suggested and you should be right.