using IVM to monitor my phone lines

sgiovanni

I bought the small system attendant version of IVM and I love it! I have successfully been able to set it up so that it will dial two of our 800 numbers, and if they pick up it does nothing but it they don't it emails and alert to me! This is truly wonderful but I'm a bit stuck on the last step and desperately need help. I can't figure out how to either schedule these calls, or better yet, just set it to loop so that it calls one of them every 5 minutes or so.

Any help is GREATLY appriciated!!!

Since IVM doesn't actually have built-in scheduling for calls, you will need to set this up with another program, or with Microsoft Window's built-in scheduler.

To use the Windows Scheduler,

1) Open the Control Panel

2) Double click on the icon for Scheduled Tasks (under Performance & Maintenance if you are in category mode)

3) Double click add scheduled task

4) Click Next

5) Select the IVM executable from Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\

6) Do not worry about the rest of the settings you pick in the wizard, you will change them later (the basic wizard doesn't let you set up advanced schedules like repeat every 5 minutes)

7) Make sure you have the 'Open Advanced settings <blah>' (can't remember the exact wording) checkbox ticked on the last screen and then complete the wizard.

8) After the Advanced Schedule settings window is open, under the Schedule tab, make sure it is set to daily and for example 12:00 AM, scheduled for every day

9) Then click the Advanced... button

10) In the options window, tick the Repeat Task option and set it to every 5 minutes for example, and set "Until:" to the Time 11:55 PM.

11) Now go back to the Task tab, and in the Run: textbox, add the following to the end -outbound 18005551234 (obviously, replacing it with the number you want to to call). The textbox should now read something like "C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\ivm.exe" -outbound 18005551234

You're done. Windows should now tell IVM to make an outbound call to the 1-800 number every 5 minutes every day using the OGM you have configured in IVM (i.e. to e-mail you if there is a problem).