Transcribing DVD using Express Scribe

Wordworks

Love Express Scribe, have used it for years. Have a request to transcribe focus group from DVD where I will need to see the speakers in order to identify.

Is there an upgrade to Express Scribe software that allows a split screen with MS Word/video where I could use my existing foot pedal to transcribe this DVD?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

We're currently making a program that will allow you to interface foot pedals with other applications. It will be released sometime... so check back in a few months and hopefully the developers will be done :)

We're currently making a program that will allow you to interface foot pedals with other applications. It will be released sometime... so check back in a few months and hopefully the developers will be done :)

Thanks so much, I believe this will help many people on a daily basis!

• 2 months later...

I have been desperately seeking a program that can do the same. I need to view the video and preferably control its playback with my foot pedal, while typing into a customer-provided template in Word. Only other software I've found that's supposed to be able to do this is StartStop PowerPlayer, and I've heard a lot of negative comments about it being buggy and freezing up all the time. With videoconferencing and telecasts becoming more and more popular, we NEED software that will make it easier to transcribe such things. As mentioned, you often need to see who is speaking or see visual aides being implemented in the presentation, and need to view video as you are typing. It's a real pain trying to start and stop the video player manually while trying to transcribe. I have used ES for years and love it. PLEASE*PLEASE*PLEASE develop a program that can do this for us.

• 3 weeks later...

Have a look at Pedable: www.nch.com.au/footpedal. In the Windows Media Player's help file you should find the shortcut keys required. I believe there is also a plugin to get global hotkeys working with Windows Media Player, a Google would help on this matter.

• 1 month later...

There is a plug-in that works with Windows Media Player. It's called VPedal. I've installed it and it works fine, although there's on little glitch in that it doesn't seem to allow me to keep the video on top of my Word document so I can watch the video as I type. Has anyone solved this problem?

I also use Start Stop at my office, but it has one nasty glitch that drives us all crazy, in that sometimes when you hit the play button it doesn't play, jams, and you have to hit a release (Alt and Up Arrow) to get it going again. Have gotten used to it, but very, VERY annoying!

• 9 months later...