Switch 1.29

helen108

I get an email from NCH telling me there is an update to Switch:

"Updater Versions (Windows versions only)

Switch Sound Format Converter v 1.29"

Then is gives the following point of reference:

"download available here: http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html?ref=nls2"

Now can someone please tell me WHERE on that page it says something about an UPDATE????

I have no idea where to download the update. Geez. This is ridiculous. Take us to a page of updates for the product...not a page where you can purchase the product. And please tell me we don't have to PURCHASE this update, because that would be just WRONG.

When did you purchase previously?

You just need to click the Download button on the page and you will download the latest version, if you purchased within three months there is no reason that you will have to pay for any upgrade.

There isn't an "Upgrade" link, but the download will be the upgraded version of the software.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to download it from that page, but I got the error "Installation cannot be completed because the file "C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\Switch\switch.exe" cannot be written to. Do I have to uninstall Swift 1.24 before I download the update??

There is no need to uninstall the previous version, and in fact we recommend that you don't. That error message suggests that you don't have write access to that particular folder, which leads me to believe you're running under a restricted account? Try installing it as administrator and make sure the program isn't running when you attempt to install it again.

There is no need to uninstall the previous version, and in fact we recommend that you don't. That error message suggests that you don't have write access to that particular folder, which leads me to believe you're running under a restricted account? Try installing it as administrator and make sure the program isn't running when you attempt to install it again.

I am the administrator and I was asked, as the administrator to continue with the installation. I still can't do it. I get the same error message.