Midi

hugodevries

• 3 weeks later...
Simply load the midi file into Switch and press the convert button.

I tried of course to load the midi into Switch to convert it to mp3. Switch creates an mp3 file which can be played using e.g. Winamp. However, no sound is produced. So, Switch did some conversion, but not with the desired result. What should I do to get Switch converting a midi file into mp3 that actually produces sound.

• 1 month later...

My inquiry is the reverse: How can I convert an MP3 (or Wav or whatever) to a MIDI file? I have a QRS Pantine piano player which requires that the files be in MIDI format. I have a number of piano CDs that I would like to convert to MIDI to use my piano.

Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

You cannot convert audio to MIDI files reliably. MIDI files are in fact simply commands sent to your computer telling it what notes to play, they do not contain any audio information themselves. You can use TwelveKeys to assist you in transcribing audio, but you will need to use your own MIDI editing software to create the actual files.

I have exactly the same problem. I hve tried the suggested convert to wave file, this also seemed to convert, produced a significantly sized file but that file when played is also silent.

Ideas please!