Recording streaming audio with Wavepad and Vista???

provoice

First of all, I HATE VISTA... but I'm stuck with it since that's all I can get for my Hewlett Packard... buy a Dell and you can still get XP for a limited time.

Next of all, I've figured out many "workarounds" with Wavepad, but have not yet figured out how to record streaming audio from the Internet with it... let alone record off of a CD without going through a lot of ridiculous crap with cables and adapters!

First of all, I HATE VISTA... but I'm stuck with it since that's all I can get for my Hewlett Packard... buy a Dell and you can still get XP for a limited time.

Next of all, I've figured out many "workarounds" with Wavepad, but have not yet figured out how to record streaming audio from the Internet with it... let alone record off of a CD without going through a lot of ridiculous crap with cables and adapters!

==================================================

Fortunately, I had a computer which was running with XP at the time that Vista came out. Of course, I was urged to "upgrade" to the latest and greatest. And of course, being knowledgeable in such things, I declined the invitation. And of course, I was rewarded by _not_ being burdened with something that so many people, just like yourself, hate! I will _never_ install Vista. At the time that Microsoft discontinues XP support, it will have come out with something to supplant the abortive Vista. This fact is hardly a secret.

Live and learn :-)

Musikone

This feature requires soundcard/driver support, and it's likely that this is not in Vista yet for your particular soundcard. Have a look at SoundTap, it is designed to achieve exactly what you're after and does not require this additional hardware support.