I know there are threads, but none with answers about sound problems

Lucki

I have used wavepad before and its worked great with my computer. after i reformatted and changed my hardware around... not so much greatness. My sound works fine when i'm playing a game or just playing music but when i open wavepad the sound does not play at all and sometimes even halts all the sound coming from my computer. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

I have used wavepad before and its worked great with my computer. after i reformatted and changed my hardware around... not so much greatness. My sound works fine when i'm playing a game or just playing music but when i open wavepad the sound does not play at all and sometimes even halts all the sound coming from my computer. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Does WavePad look as though it's trying to play the file? As in, does the cursor move across the screen indicating that it's playing the file?

One thing I'd recommend doing is to click on the "File" menu, click "WavePad Options", and then click on the "Audio Processing" tab on the top of the window. Make sure that there is a sound device listed next to "Device" up the top.

Failing this, maybe try to uninstall WavePad, and reinstall it.

You've likely changed your default sound device. Simply go into the Windows Control Panel -> Sound and Audio Devices, and change your sound output from whatever you had set previously to your current soundcard.