wavepad problem...

wavecrap

First of all, what makes you think that using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, or 8-9 question marks or exclamation marks is going to make anyone reply to you any sooner?

Secondly, I'm guessing that when you edited your music files in WavePAD (note the correct spelling of the product), you have selected to "Save file". As with any program, "Save file" indicates that the application you're working with will update the current file with your changes. If you wished to keep the original copy of the file and save a separate copy with the changes you have made, the correct option would be "Save file as...". This is the same with almost any program available on Windows. Even Microsoft Word has this option.

And last, but not least... :D

P.S. Were*

P.P.S. Answer*

P.P.P.S. Intentional*

P.P.P.P.S Emoticon*

:D

Oh, and as a side note... The only way I can see that WavePad would have saved your files in an "unusable" format is if you had selected "Save Project As...", in which case the original files should still be on your computer.

I did NOT "save as..." anything or "save" at all what so ever.

just opened a FEW files!

but ALL my music files are in "wavepad" format.

so now that I don't use this "product" ALL my music files are in an unreadable format!

thanks very much.

There is no way that Wavepad would convert every one of your music files into an unreadable format, simply by opening a few of them. I think that Windows has simply changed the program that is used to open these music files.

I'm guessing your music collection is in MP3 format. Firstly, check to see whether the extension on the files have changed. Make sure they are still *.mp3. If you can't see the extension for the files, open 'My Computer', click 'Tools', then click 'Folder Options'. Select the 'View' tab up the top of the new window, and under 'Advanced settings' make sure there is NO tick in the box next to 'Hide extensions for known file types'. Click 'Apply', then 'OK'.

Now make sure your music files are still *.mp3. If they have changed from the original format, then I can almost guarantee that it wasn't WavePad that did it. I can find no way in WavePad for it to mass convert files without you telling it to. You may wish to consult a local computer technician to make sure there's nothing else on your computer that might have changed the files. If they ARE still *.mp3, keep reading.

Open 'My Computer', click the 'Tools' menu, and click 'Folder Options' again. This time select the 'File Types' tab at the top of the new window. Go down the list until you can find the 'MP3' listing. Click on it once, then under 'Details for 'MP3' Extension', make sure that Windows Media Player is selected, and if it isn't, click 'Change' and select Windows Media Player from the list.

Sorry if this seems like an obvious answer, but from what I can tell, there is no way that WavePad would have been able to convert ALL of your music files into an unreadable format without you telling it to convert them. If, as you say, you simply opened up a few songs in WavePad, then there is something else going on with your computer.

Hope this helps.

thanks your your reply.

ALL audio files need to be played with "wavepad" (error: "can't find wavepad.exe")

but because I uninstalled now ALL files are unusable!

I re-installed NERO but still the same problem

just NOT HAPPY and NO reply from NCH!!!