gsm conversion

alandob

Each time I convert sound files from wav or mp3 to gsm, the final sound quality is very poor (it sounds like being sent via a long tube). This is needed for sound files used with the Asterisk platfrom and any advise would be very appreciated. Using version 1.28 (trial).

GSM is a highly compressed format, which naturally results in poor quality when attempting to convert from an already compressed file. If possible, try converting from an uncompressed wav and see if you have any better results.

GSM is a highly compressed format, which naturally results in poor quality when attempting to convert from an already compressed file. If possible, try converting from an uncompressed wav and see if you have any better results.

The files I started with are uncompressed files and still results in sound degredation. I appreciate the balance between quality & compression, but the final result is so poor that it's unusable. Could you advise on anything I can do to try and maintain quality. Kind regards,