Wow... just wow

Bumbeak

The fact that I have actually took the time to get on a support forum for no reason at all is a compliment. You guys should be proud. I actually took the time to register and confirm my email just to say.

WOW

Switch is the absolutely best conversion program I have used so far, and trust me, I've used a lot before I got here. It's simple, and the fact that it actually converts makes me faint in awe.

So what if it's a little slower than other programs.

Here's a tip. At first, I was converting cda to mp3 files (which is something totally celestial and completely superior to anything else I have tried so far), and it took lots of time. Then, I converted the cda files into wma using Media Player, then wma into mp3. It actually worked faster.

I recommends trying to sneak in something like that for future versions.

PS: wow

The fact that I have actually took the time to get on a support forum for no reason at all is a compliment. You guys should be proud. I actually took the time to register and confirm my email just to say.

WOW

[deleted]

Here's a tip. At first, I was converting cda to mp3 files (which is something totally celestial and completely superior to anything else I have tried so far), and it took lots of time. Then, I converted the cda files into wma using Media Player, then wma into mp3. It actually worked faster.

I recommends trying to sneak in something like that for future versions.

PS: wow

=============================================

How much time is "lots of time"?

I had no difficulty in converting an audio CD (loaded to capacity with .cda files, as nonsensical as this statement may sound to one who does not understand the nature of a .cda file) into lightly-compressed (VBR at high bitrates) mp3 files in about eight minutes.

Is eight minutes what you would refer to as "lots of time"? Perhaps something else (like computing capacity, for example) is slowing you down, but I doubt it, since your two-step conversion process would also be impaired by this same lack of computing power.

Lastly, if you are going to perform a .cda/.mp3 conversion using a two-step process, then by all means the first step in this conversion process should be from .cda to .wav, not from .cda to .wma. You may then follow this with a .wav/.mp3 conversion. It makes no sense to use a .cda/.wma converstion as the first step in such a two-step process.

Sorry about that.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that Switch is an excellent piece of conversion software, and I have repeatedly praised it here, even though it is not the _only_ conversion software that I am currently using or intend to use in the future. Many factors come into play here, including that ancient advice about putting all of your eggs in one basket.....

Musikone