HELP! I cannot advance/play at all using foot pedal!

jodily

Hello! Until just yesterday, I was able to use Express Scribe without major problems on my new laptop (PC, running Vista Home Premium). Now, all of a sudden, my .dct files, if they play at all, will only do so until I release my foot from the pedal. Once I have released my foot and then replace it on the pedal to play again, the file gets stuck and will not advance. I can rewind and fast forward with no problem.

Can anyone help me? I am really at my wits' end!

I appreciate any help, tips, or advice anyone can provide.

If you use the keyboard shortcuts/buttons on the Express Scribe window, does this problem still occur? Try going to the footpedal wizard again, and if necessary update to the latest version of the program.

• 7 months later...
If you use the keyboard shortcuts/buttons on the Express Scribe window, does this problem still occur? Try going to the footpedal wizard again, and if necessary update to the latest version of the program.

I have installed my Express Scribe on my new laptop that's loaded with Vista. I cannot get the foot pedal to work with the system. Can anybody tell me what I need to do? I can play it through the keyboard, but I really want to use the foot pedal. I called Martel Electronics, who I bought it from, and they said the foot pedal WILL NOT work with Vista.

Help!!! :angry:

I have installed my Express Scribe on my new laptop that's loaded with Vista. I cannot get the foot pedal to work with the system. Can anybody tell me what I need to do? I can play it through the keyboard, but I really want to use the foot pedal. I called Martel Electronics, who I bought it from, and they said the foot pedal WILL NOT work with Vista.

Help!!! :angry:

I have gone to the footpedal wizard and it tells me I need to manually install the vecusb.exe program. I do that, but it still doesn't work. Where do I find the button you're talking about?