problems with 1.05 and upgrading

hooper

hi there, I have Switch 1.05 for Mac, and it is crashing whenever I try to perform a simple conversion, especially to MP3 or M4a (it converts AIFF to WAV, or AIFF/WAV to FLAC ok). I have seen that this may be a recognized problem for version 1.05. How can I upgrade to the latest version? I couldn't find on the website any obvious way to upgrade.

Thanks

just download switch again from here:

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html

to install the latest version.

you may have to purchase a new key for the program too.

see also here:

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/faq.html

note about upgrades:

Q. Can I upgrade from a previous version? What is the upgrade policy?

All minor upgrades and bug fixes and some major upgrades are available free. Simply install the new file over the old file.

If we introduce major new features or change the registration system, we may require users to purchase an upgrade.

We guarantee free upgrades for 3 months from date of purchase but in practice we often allow upgrades up to 12 months. If in doubt backup your old version and just try the new version. If you purchased more than 12 months ago, you will need purchase an upgrade to the current version. Please use www.nch.com.au/upgrade to view discounted upgrade pricing. You will need to have your previous registration ID and Key to purchase an upgrade key.

Thanks, I have done that, I now have Switch version 1.13. It didn't ask me to purchase a new key nor to register the new version. But now in the new version, I don't have the option to convert to M4a format. In fact the list of options of formats to convert to is much shorter than was the case for 1.05. Any information on why that is so?

Thanks again.