Converting More Than 1 File

applebaby22

I just downloaded this program & uploaded like 20 songs to convert. It only does 1 at a time. I looked everywhere but I don't see a place to change the setting so when I hit convert it will convert all 20 songs instead of me clicking each one. Does anyone else have this problem too? :mellow:

============================

I don't have this problem since I _bought_ this program. You, on the other hand, have downloaded the so-called "free" version of Switch, which does not permit you to convert more than one song at a time--indefinitely. If you will read the fine print at the Switch web page, you will find this information buried there, among a mass of other things.

I assume that this holds true for the Macintosh as well as for a Windows PC (I am just guessing somehow that you use a Macintosh computer, although I could be wrong).

You cannot expect that you are going to be given software which will do _exactly_ the same thing as that which others are paying for! What you are given when you download Switch (which, in my opinion, would be more realistically called Switch Minus, while calling Switch Plus simply Switch), while it _is_ free (indefinitely), as advertised, does not remain that way for more than a short trial period after you download it. Like a chameleon, it changes its colors a short time after you adopt it. So pet it while it is green and pretty, because it is soon going to turn red and ugly :-). From your post, it has already changed its colors.....

In summary, the simple solution for your troubles is to _buy Switch Plus_ (this is, after all, what this business is all about) and your inability to convert several songs in a batch will disappear like magic. So you can indeed keep your pet chameleon in a friendly mood--forever!

Remember the old saying, which is as true today as it was from its first day in history: "If it seems too good to be true, then it IS" :-).

Musikone

• 7 months later...
You, on the other hand, have downloaded the so-called "free" version of Switch, which does not permit you to convert more than one song at a time--indefinitely. If you will read the fine print at the Switch web page, you will find this information buried there, among a mass of other things.

Musikone

OK. So I did not read the fine print. My mistake. But. There is one problem:

I downloaded music from vinyl LP`s into computer. The program, that went with the Vinyl LP player saved everything as AU files (it said it need some LAME mp3 encoder dll to do the job, or smth.) It broke the songs into particles. I put songs from one folder of that crap into Switch "free" version, that was just then downloaded, pushed the convert button, and... nothing. It only changed the picture in front of the file name.

Neither it did convert all songs (seven), nor did it convert one song. But what it did do: changed the au files into non-readable junk.

What should I do? How do I know which particles belong to which song? The initial program (Audacity, i think it was) It just numbered them, thats`it. How do I know to choose among them, so Switch would recognize these many files as one song that it could convert?

I just downloaded this program & uploaded like 20 songs to convert. It only does 1 at a time. I looked everywhere but I don't see a place to change the setting so when I hit convert it will convert all 20 songs instead of me clicking each one. Does anyone else have this problem too? :mellow:

=====================================

I don't, since I paid for the program. It appears that you are using the "free" version which, after a period of two weeks from the time when you downloaded it, will no longer convert more than one file at a time. That is, the ability to do a "batch conversion" disappears from the "free" version after two weeks, never to be regained until you decide to pay up for the Switch Plus version, which has all of its faculties intact--forever and ever. No software Alzheimer's with the Plus version :-)