Recording in Wavepad

natemannq

When I had wavepad on my XP computer, no problem but now that I've upgraded to Vista, Wavepad doesn't seem to want to record any sound being played through my pc, including audio files or internet streaming..

Please help!!

open wavepad,then select file>options.under 'audio processing' try selecting your sound card.if 'default sound out' is selected,then try one of the others listed.

• 2 weeks later...

It may also be that the drivers for your soundcard are different and may no longer support this feature. If that is the case then you're still able to use SoundTap to record this audio.

• 1 month later...
It may also be that the drivers for your soundcard are different and may no longer support this feature. If that is the case then you're still able to use SoundTap to record this audio.

I have the same problem. Although SoundTap will record audio stream and I can plug in a mike and get that to record, nothing else that's played on my computer's pc can be recorded by either Soundtap or Wavepad. I'm about to give up on this.

You need to ensure that whatever program is playing the audio, that it does so through SoundTap. Some programs manually set the sound device instead of using the default in Windows, and this will cause issues.

I have tried reocrding streaming audio usin a few different programs (im using VISTA) and all I can seem to record is the audio leakage coming from the speakers and back thru the microphone, the quality is horrible. Is it possible to record the signal in its pure form thru the sound card somehow????

Also, i dont have an external sound card, just the realtech internal card that came with this computer.

If the audio is coming through your speakers then SoundTap is not configured properly. We just released a new version that fixes a few Vista issues, so install this and see if it solves some of your troubles. Remember you need to start SoundTap before you start any application that you're wanting to capture audio from. If you're still having issues you will need to go into the program's settings and find where the output audio device is specified, and then change this to SoundTap. You only need to do this if the program ignores your default Windows settings.