flatlines for certain files

BillyShears06

Hey, I've been trying to use Wavepad to put certain music files together and listen to parts on the song backwards forwards (if that makes any sense).

Anyway, certain files worked, but when I loaded others, the name would be displayed, and the time of the songs are correct, but they're displayed as flatlines and no sound comes out. Also, if a certain song works, the rest of the album it's on will work. I've looked through the forum at suggestions for similar problems, and I've reinstalled WavePad so that I have the up-to-date version, installed the mp3 file that was suggested in one response, set the sound device to my sound card, and checked the specified folder option, but still no good. For example, the song Are You Experienced? by Jimi Hendrix will play and I can do whatever I want with that song, and all of the others on the Are You Experienced album. The song Rainy Day, Dream Away, and all of the songs on Electric Ladyland (the album it's on) give a flatline, as do all of the songs by The Beatles. I haven't been able to isolate a cause as all the tracks I've tried successfully/unsuccessfully are Layer 3 mp3's.

Any help would be most appreciated. :)