speed slowdown does not lenghten the file??!

Mark_Galeck

Hello, I use the Wavepad speed change function on MP3 files, to slow them down. They do slow down (and pitch stays the same), however the duration stays the same!!! That means, the end of the song is lost. WTF???

By the way, the "simple speed and pitch change" works fine - the song plays longer (however, the pitch changes and I don't want that).

What is going on? If this is a bug, how could they have missed it. Or am I not understanding something?

Thank you! Mark

I believe it will be addressed with the next release of WavePad. If you simply increase the duration of your song (add blank audio at the end) and then apply the speed change effect it will expand into this new area and not cut off your track.

Yes, I realize that. However, if I do this batch sequence - insert silence at end, then speed slowdown, then auto-trim, this batch sequence does not work!! That is, at the end the songs are again cut off. So, I have to do what you said, manually, song after song, which is tedious. and I paid full price for the software, in order to be able to use the batch processor!!

Can you attempt to do this in three batch jobs? One to do each process. This will help us work out which section of the batch process isn't working appropriately, or if it is just that combination which is failing.