usb recording devices

padriacmurray

if you are wanting to record from the tascam (via one of the inputs on this tascam i presume):

connect it to a usb port.then open wavepad.then click tools>wavepad options.now in the options window click 'audio processing'.under 'sound play device',click the down arrow on the device tab.if you device is listed select it by clicking on it.then click ok.

you should,hopefully,be able to record from it.

Thanks for that all fixed. I have been trying to do a workaround on wavepad and tascam u122 on vista , which was not working. But installed on xp2 both wavepad and usb 122 are working fine. tascam does not have a driver for vista and vista compatability mode for xp2 sort of works but not fully. My other device not yet arrived a zoon h4 digital recorder and usb recorder has a driver for vista and since wavepad also works on vista should be the way to go. Both devices come with cubase le, which does not work on vista and no longer saves files to mp3.

It appears that your new soundcard does not support this "what you hear" option. It is a hardware/driver feature and completely out of our control. Because of this problem with some soundcards we developed a program called SoundTap which is able to record all audio sent to your speakers, basically exactly what "what you hear" does. Have a look at www.nch.com.au/soundtap.

Before, under "input", "what you hear" was selected (no problems)...

In my new PC, the only two options are "windows record mixer" or "master volume"....

It will record from Mic but not what's played in PC..

Is there a box I can check?

you should be able to record using windows record mixer.in the recording control box,there should be listed some options:

cd audio,microphone,wave out mix.

tick the box wave out mix (adjust the slider to increase the volume if necessary).

• 2 weeks later...