MP3 splitting

barryman

I have a large mp3 file recorded from a whole album, ie 20 tracks. Is there any way to make a "marker" after each track that will make each split show as a separate track once I burn it?? Otherwise, what is the easiest Wavepad way to split up a file such as this. Help, any suggestions !!!!

Barry - barrym999@yahoo.co.uk

I have a large mp3 file recorded from a whole album, ie 20 tracks. Is there any way to make a "marker" after each track that will make each split show as a separate track once I burn it?? Otherwise, what is the easiest Wavepad way to split up a file such as this. Help, any suggestions !!!!

Barry - barrym999@yahoo.co.uk

================================

This can be done in three simple steps, as follows:

Step #1: Read the Help file that is included within the WavePad program.

Step #2: Go back and read this file again.

Step #3: Go back and read this file for the third time.

In case you have missed my point, this process is explained in detail, right there in front of your eyes!

musikone

Hi, Wavepad isn't really designed for ripping whole CDs though it can be used to do it through it various tools such as silence detection. As noted earlier the help file has a lot of information on the topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, Wavepad help does not work on my Vista machine. Can someone please post here how to split an mp3 file into smaller ones based on bookmarks?

Thanks very much in advance.

Saramathi

===============================================================

First, answer _this_ question. Do you know how to edit an MP3 file using WavePad, without mentioning regions and/or bookmarks? More specifically, do you know how to _listen_ to a file as it is played; i.e., as WavePad scrolls through the file? If you do know how to do this, can you locate the end of a specific musical selection within that file? If you can do this, do you know how to select that one piece, from its beginning to its end? If you can answer these questions honestly with a "yes," then I can probably help you, given that the Vista operating system has apparently not yet been fully incorporated into the current version of WavePad--or so you say. However, make _sure_ that this indeed the case, before you cry wolf!

Musikone

[

First, answer _this_ question. Do you know how to edit an MP3 file using WavePad, without mentioning regions and/or bookmarks? More specifically, do you know how to _listen_ to a file as it is played; i.e., as WavePad scrolls through the file? If you do know how to do this, can you locate the end of a specific musical selection within that file? If you can do this, do you know how to select that one piece, from its beginning to its end? If you can answer these questions honestly with a "yes," then I can probably help you, given that the Vista operating system has apparently not yet been fully incorporated into the current version of WavePad--or so you say. However, make _sure_ that this indeed the case, before you cry wolf!

Musikone

Thanks Musikone for the prompt response. Yes, I have loaded the file into wavepad and I can add bookmarks. But I am not sure how to ask wavepad to split the file along the bookmarks.

I have then tried creating regions. I selected all the regions and did export regions to folder. But when I tried to play them it does not play.

Saramathi

[

Musikone

Thanks Musikone for the prompt response. Yes, I have loaded the file into wavepad and I can add bookmarks. But I am not sure how to ask wavepad to split the file along the bookmarks.

I have then tried creating regions. I selected all the regions and did export regions to folder. But when I tried to play them it does not play.

Saramathi

====================================================

I misunderstood you. I thought that you were unable to split the file using bookmarks. Have you looked inside the folder that contains the various regions? What is the Windows extension of the files in this folder? And what are you trying to play them on? You have not answered this question yet.

Musikone