Problem with saved audio files

kenyon072

I got a question about saving in wavepad. I make raps using Acoustica Beat Maker and I record the samples for said raps in Wavepad. However when I edit these small sound files and save them, a fraction of a second of silence is added to the beginning of the sound file. This creates a lag when it is transferred to the beat maker and it sounds like crap. How do I eliminate this fraction of a second of silence that is added when I save? I've saved in mp3 and wav with no luck. Thanks for the help.

• 3 weeks later...

Try saving it as a PCM encoded WAV file, select the "CD Quality" option once you press the save button and have selected .wav as the format. MP3 files will always contain this fraction of silence.

You could also try using MixPad if you wish to mix several tracks together precisely to attempt to eliminate this silence if you still experience it.

• 5 months later...
Try saving it as a PCM encoded WAV file, select the "CD Quality" option once you press the save button and have selected .wav as the format. MP3 files will always contain this fraction of silence.

You could also try using MixPad if you wish to mix several tracks together precisely to attempt to eliminate this silence if you still experience it.

Trim a little bit of the beginning of your file in wavpad by clking on an empty spot just before your vocal starts,then rt clk and choose "trim start" This will cut off some of the beginning so you can now grab the track and move it back and forth untill you get it lined up with your beat. I do this all the time in MixPad.