MP3 to CDA format

kwa001

I'm new to all of this stuff. So please forgive the stupid questions.

I'm trying to convert mp3 to use in my auto CD player. How do I do that with the Switch 1.24 program?

============================================================

What is the source of the mp3 files that you (I assume) intend to burn onto a CD to use in your auto CD player? Has it occurred to you that you may not be able to transfer this particular file to a CD, even if Switch has the file-conversion capability that you are asking about?

musikone

.cda is an audio cd shortcut, they are not actual files but instead links to audio tracks on your cd. You cannot convert to .cda with Switch. You can burn an audio cd using Express Burn, which will create the .cda shortcuts on your audio cd.

about mp3 to cda. The documentation says ver. 1.24 should include cda as a valid output type, but the dropdown box does not include it. Where is it?

Where did you see this stated? It clearly says that Switch is able to convert from CDA, not to it: www.nch.com.au/switch/faq.html#ABA

• 1 month later...

I also wish to convert wma or mp3 to cda format.

Switch does not support this yet. It states in the blurb that if you wish to convert to cda you should request this in the Switch Forum.

Maybe the Tech's at NCH will in include this in future releases? Here's my request "A Big Please To NCH Tech's!"

Please create a plugin to convert wma and mp3 to CDA.

Peace

ChRiS (G)