Removing background sounds under dialogue

sakkara

Hi all,

complete newbie hre, was hoping for a few hints or tips. i've got a recording that was made outside. the speech is good enough, but there's annoying seagull screeches in the background through the whole speech - does anyone know of any tricks/techniques to either remove the seagulls or quieten them down, or alternatively extract the speech to paste into a clean file?

any thoughts would be gratefully rec'd

TIA

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

complete newbie hre, was hoping for a few hints or tips. i've got a recording that was made outside. the speech is good enough, but there's annoying seagull screeches in the background through the whole speech - does anyone know of any tricks/techniques to either remove the seagulls or quieten them down, or alternatively extract the speech to paste into a clean file?

any thoughts would be gratefully rec'd

TIA

Hi, I'm also facing a problem with some kind of sounds "shshshshshsss....". I recorded a English Language Learning Audio from Tape to my Laptop using "Sound Forge 6.0". Sound quality is perfect while playing with the Cassette Player and no any "shshshshshs...." sounds too.

It would gratefull for me if anyone help me know how to eliminate the shshshshs.... sounds.