Trouble with foot pedal set-up wizard

TDonnell0816

I have an ECS IN-DB9 foot pedal, and I'm running on XP with v4.14 of ExpressScribe. The foot pedal set-up wizard starts, but won't work. It recognizes the Com port. The first instruction is press rewind pedal, but nothing happens.

Also, when I open the program, the audio begins automatically and runs super fast.

Any suggestions/answers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest nchto

Try opening up the game controls from the Windows Control Panel and see if your foot pedal registers with this. When you go through the Wizard, do any of the buttons work?

Try opening up the game controls from the Windows Control Panel and see if your foot pedal registers with this. When you go through the Wizard, do any of the buttons work?

Nothing is installed in the game controls in my Control Panel. I'm not sure which buttons you're refering to--after the first window of the Wizard pops up (Push Rewind Pedal) nothing happens. I push the pedal and the wizard doesn't do anything at all.

Thanks,

Tracie

Guest nchto

Sorry, I mean during the Express Scribe foot pedal wizard, when it asks you to press the Rewind pedal, try pressing one of the other pedals and see if this registers. If it does it suggests that your rewind pedal isn't working correctly. Please note that we also only officially support the pedals supplied through www.altoedge.com as they have been tried and tested with our software.

Sorry, I mean during the Express Scribe foot pedal wizard, when it asks you to press the Rewind pedal, try pressing one of the other pedals and see if this registers. If it does it suggests that your rewind pedal isn't working correctly. Please note that we also only officially support the pedals supplied through www.altoedge.com as they have been tried and tested with our software.

Thank you, I have tried that. I was exploring the possibility that it was a glitch w/the wizard, as I have used this pedal on an earlier version of ES on another computer running XP.

I appreciate your help.

• 6 months later...

Thought I’d pass on how I eventually was able to make my IN-DB9 foot pedal work with Express Scribe through a serial to USB adapter.

I had a Bluetooth dongle installed which was using 7 or 8 COM ports, and specifically the COM4 port. I had to uninstall the dongle and the USB adapter in order for the USB adapter to be able to be installed on COM4. When that was done, Express Scribe was able to go through the COM4 port to get to the foot pedal.

Then I just reinstalled the Bluetooth dongle for my other needs and Bob’s your uncle.

The adapter is Aten USB to Serial Converter (RS-232).

Hope this helps others.