Removing extraneous noises...

dehlert

I am a novice user in terms of the editing of sound files. Originally, I started using Audacity to perform the editing of sound files, but when I had troubles removing all of the static in the recordings, my search led me to WavePad. I downloaded and am using the Trial Version at this time.

I am currently working on a project for a small call center and came across one of the recordings that has about 1 second of very loud cracks.

I have tried all portions of WavePad and can not seem to be able to remove them. The voice track seems to be fine and if I can remove these transient sounds, I think it will sound fine.

Can anyone direct me in the appropriate direction to clean up this recording..??

Second, I have tried to select the area (or any area) of the recording and perform a "Manual Click/Pop Repair" and I get an error message box stating "WavePad cannot do a manual reduction of an area this size. Please select a smaller area.". I have tried selecting a size all the way down to 6 hundreths of a second and I get the same error message.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

David Ehlert

County of Fresno