Send to (LAN) Folder - not working

rotnfire

I mentioned in another thread on the problems experienced with sending to email, that the Send to LAN folder doesn't work. I have setup a LAN folder, and VPN folder, but neither work. An error appears in red in the log file below the list of messages, indicated the save failed. It keeps retrying until the Send to (LAN) Folder feature is turned off. If I send manually from the save icon located above the list of messages, then the wav file saves fine. However, configuring to autosave in the delivery options for the mailbox does not work. I have, of course, set my access priviledges correctly. If I hadn't, then the manual save option would not be successful either. It is definitely associated with the delivery options setup, and the autosave feature, same as the email is not working either. If I configure the Send to LAN folder feature to save to a local folder on my local drive, then it works fine. It's only if I choose an actual LAN (Local Area Network) folder that it doesn't.

Since the email feature isn't working, I had hoped to be able to access the messages remotely through a LAN folder on my network, but that's not an option either. Has anyone been able to get this to work?

I am an IT techy guy, and I have successfully setup WAN area remote folders for access from PC's to Mac's, and Linux. This should be a snap for me, accomplished in 5 seconds, but I'm baffled, and the only option I can think of is that there is a bug in the delivery options setup for mailboxes. You can see by my time, that it is 5:52AM on this post. I have literally been working on this since early this evening. Sorry to mention this, and I hope nobody gets upset in the development group over at NCH. This seems like an awesome program, I just wish I could get it to work.

Best Regards,

Phil

Guest nchto

The likely cause of this problem is that the service engine (that sends the file across your LAN) doesn't have the correct permissions. In the IVM settings window on the General tab, press the "Service Settings" button and enter your login information in. Also try using the //server/folder/file path if your using something like Z:\folder\file, and visa versa.