Local Variable & Plugin

DeBercy

Hi!

I have a plugin that returns an integer which I want to store in local variable named "NextSectionNumber" so I can know what's the next OGM to play. How do I assign the returned value to variable NextSectionNumber?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I am using C#, if it matters. Thank you so much!

DeBercy

For all of you who looked at my question but didn't or couldn't answer either because the question was confusing or the issue too simple, I want to say thank you anyway. The answer is a simple one, and I guess too simple. All I needed to add to my plugin code is a Console.Write("NextSectionNumber=" + Number) statement, and voila! That took care of it. Issue solved!

I think other newbies like myself can make use of my answer. That's why I posted. Have fun!

DeBercy

For all of you who looked at my question but didn't or couldn't answer either because the question was confusing or the issue too simple, I want to say thank you anyway. The answer is a simple one, and I guess too simple. All I needed to add to my plugin code is a Console.Write("NextSectionNumber=" + Number) statement, and voila! That took care of it. Issue solved!

I think other newbies like myself can make use of my answer. That's why I posted. Have fun!

DeBercy

Hi, I wonder if you may be able to help me.

I have written my own plugin in VB.NET it is a console application. The plugin accepts 3 values from the IVM and searches through an MS Access database file and counts the number of records that match the criteria. The plugin then sends back the number of records as numofprops=7, for example (if there were 7 matching records). I then want the IVM to say someting like. "There are %numofprops% that meet your search criteria. Please press 1 to hear the list"

But I must be missing something really simple here. How does the IVM then extract this returned number?

Hope you can help.

Hi, I wonder if you may be able to help me.

I have written my own plugin in VB.NET it is a console application. The plugin accepts 3 values from the IVM and searches through an MS Access database file and counts the number of records that match the criteria. The plugin then sends back the number of records as numofprops=7, for example (if there were 7 matching records). I then want the IVM to say someting like. "There are %numofprops% that meet your search criteria. Please press 1 to hear the list"

But I must be missing something really simple here. How does the IVM then extract this returned number?

Hope you can help.

You need to create an OGM to read out the value stored in variable numofprops. In that OGM, under the Advanced tab, check the "Read Out Number after OGM" option. In the "Variable Name" textbox, put %numofprops%, and then choose "Number" from the combo box.

You need to create an OGM to read out the value stored in variable numofprops. In that OGM, under the Advanced tab, check the "Read Out Number after OGM" option. In the "Variable Name" textbox, put %numofprops%, and then choose "Number" from the combo box.

Thanks for the response.

But I must still be doing something wrong. I have done as you suggested but the IVM always reads out Zero. I know the value is seen from the plugin as the bottom half of the IVM logs that Plugin Returned: numofprops = 14 (or whatever). But it doesn't read out this value but always Zero.

hellò, I'm trying to connect to a mysql database, using SQLLink.exe.

It works good, with the simulator. When I try it trough VOIP connection it fault.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The string in the log file is exactly the same. I tried with two different strings and the result has been the same: it works with simulator only.

here one example of the two strings I have used:

00:00 Answered line [1000 "Simulator"] call number [2271] cid [5555555555] did[] drn[0 (0ms)]

00:00 Run plugin: C:\SQLLink.exe sitolocale "INSERT INTO mdl_user (confirmed, mnethostid, firstname, lastname, username, password, email) VALUES (1,1,'5555555555_Simulator','2007-07-19_18:06:07','18:06:07','18:06:07','18:06:07');" giovanni cart

00:00 Plugin returned: Rowcount=1&Result=Okay&copyright=NCH Swift Sound

The string, in the voip connection it is exactly the same but it return error!

Could anyone help me???

thanks a lot, ciao