Selection Problem

static_friend

Hi,

I am using WavePad 3.05 free version.

My problem is when I want to select a region for editing. I do this by firstly clicking on "Mark First Position" in the Edit menu. Immediately, the region from the start of the file up to the current position will be selected!!

However, I think the program should not select the wanted region until I click on "Mark Second Position" so the region between the first marker and second marker should be selected.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am using WavePad 3.05 free version.

My problem is when I want to select a region for editing. I do this by firstly clicking on "Mark First Position" in the Edit menu. Immediately, the region from the start of the file up to the current position will be selected!!

However, I think the program should not select the wanted region until I click on "Mark Second Position" so the region between the first marker and second marker should be selected.

Thanks in advance.

================================================================================

=

You indeed have a serious problem. Fortunately, you have come to the right place (WavePad 101a) on the right date (7/7/07) for an end to the static--friend. But take a deep breath, since this is an extremely difficult procedure; performing it successfully will require a great deal of sustained concentration. Ready?

Click on the point in the waveform which is to be the beginning of the portion that you wish to select. Now choose "Mark First Position" from the Edit menu. A portion of the waveform will now be selected. Ignore it. Now scroll the window ahead until the end of the portion that you wish to select appears anywhere within the window. Click on this point, which will mark a new cursor position and remove any possible selection from the prior portion of this process. You will note that _no portion of the waveform is now selected_. Ignore it. This is downright scary, isn't it, ignoring these things? But take heart.......

Return to the Edit menu and choose the "Mark Second Position" command from this menu. Magically, a portion of the wave form now appears selected. And guess what? This is the portion that lies between the two cursor positions when you chose the "Mark First Position" and "Mark Second Position" commands from the Edit menu.

Voila!! Hopefully you are not exhausted by all of this. It certainly pays to persevere......

Musikone