Archived versions of Express Scribe for downloading

jbb

Given the problems that seem to have occured (for me, anyway) with foot pedal functioning since downloading the latest version of Scribe, I'd like to go back to the exe. version I was using in mid 2006. I don't know what version it was, but I didn't have a single problem with it.

Could the older version be made available or put in an accessible archive folder for downloading? My pedal has stopped working 20+ times today.

I'd love to go back to the free flowing transcribing I used to enjoy and can only assume it's the difference in the software. I even bought a spare pedal before I realised that there might be a change in the exe. version causing the problem. Silly me!

Thanks.

jbb

Given the problems that seem to have occured (for me, anyway) with foot pedal functioning since downloading the latest version of Scribe, I'd like to go back to the exe. version I was using in mid 2006. I don't know what version it was, but I didn't have a single problem with it.

Could the older version be made available or put in an accessible archive folder for downloading? My pedal has stopped working 20+ times today.

I'd love to go back to the free flowing transcribing I used to enjoy and can only assume it's the difference in the software. I even bought a spare pedal before I realised that there might be a change in the exe. version causing the problem. Silly me!

Thanks.

jbb

I supplied this link to another thread earlier this year.

I found a zip file of ES v4.05 from October 2006 at www.download.com. Search for it under "Express Scribe" not ExpressScribe." The url is http://www.download.com/Express-Scribe/300...tml?tag=lst-0-1

Thanks for the suggestion. Much appreciated!

jbb

You're much welcome... Admin has posted a notice on other threads that version 4.13 is coming out, and he includes the listing of fixes in the new version, which is very helpful. I'm looking forward to it... krn